Sunday 3 July 2011

Gigs and parties galore



What a glorious morning, the sky is blue, the sun is shining, it just makes you feel good doesn't it. It's been a really busy week with two more really busy ones ahead so a relaxing weekend is just the ticket. Looks like I bought my new garden furniture at just the right time. Amber has had her first two taster days at the high school, Tuesday was a bit traumatic but Friday went well so I think she is looking forward to September. The next couple of weeks will see me packing her off on her first overnight school trip, goodness she is soooo excited I'm just wondering if out bank balance will ever recover!! lol. We've got parties to go to, the prom, school oscar night (with an X-factor finalist as the entertainment, I don't know which one)and I've got a craft class booked, a whole Saturday with like minded people and loads of other things in the calender. By the time the holidays come I will be well and truly exhausted and the first Saturday we are having a trip up to Newcastle to see Iron Maiden, followed by swift packing because I'm taking the children, my parents and my brother and his son for a week away. I'm sure Paul will enjoy the peace and quiet amidst his gig schedule. He's going to the Iron Maiden tour four times!!!!!!! He's also going this Friday to see the big four at Sonisphere - just a little bit jealous because I love Metallica.

Any way I came to talk about the card - it's for one of my best and oldest friends, we were at school together and lost touch for a short while but thanks to the wonders of facebook we are back together. She is not looking forward to the big one so I've been subtle with the 40s. The image is LOTV, I thought I'd picked shades similar to the backing paper but I went too green. I'm sure the pens I picked had more blue tones on the promarker colour sheet I made. They also look much greener on the photo then on real life. I have stamped the background with Kanban stamps. I made the flower by using the Stampin up butterfly punch and turned the wings into petals which I ran through an embossing plate.

Don't forget to check out my Blog Candy it finishes on Tuesday.

Hope your having a lovely weekend.
Lynda xxxx

Entering for Allsorts - Free and easy
I love promarkers - Include Flowers
LOTV Challenge - Celebrate

11 comments:

  1. I'm obviously too relaxed this morning. The first time I posted this I realised that I hadn't included the image of my card. Then when I entered for the Allsorts challenge I linked back to LOTV instead of here!!!!!!!!!! Can't see a way to delete the wrong entry - hope they can on my behalf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card :)
    Will try to delele the first entry :)

    Have a good day
    and thanks for joining Allsorts for our free and easy theme this week. Good luck
    Hugs, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card ! And have fun with all the stuff you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card. Great LOTV image and sweet DP's
    Thanks for playing Free & Easy at Allsorts with us this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card Lynda, I;m sure your friend will love it. You sound very busy ~ Enjoy!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card, love the design of it. Thanks for playing along at LOTV this week, hope to see you next time. Good Luck! Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous I love the image and your colours are fab, thanks for joining us at Lili of the Valley this week, hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Lynda, your friend will love it, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week and good luck!
    Love Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty - gorgeous colours, papers and image.

    Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be displayed after they have been moderated.